The National Center for Healthy Housing is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation based in Columbia, Maryland, dedicated to creating healthy and safe homes for children through practical and proven steps. Using a holistic and interdisciplinary approach, NCHH brings the public health, housing, environmental, and regulatory communities together to combat disease and injuries caused by hazards in the home.
With 20 years of experience, NCHH conducts applied research, program evaluation, technical assistance, training, and outreach that is focused on reducing the health consequences of indoor exposures. NCHH's staff includes housing, health, and environmental professionals with expertise in biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, public health, housing policy, and industrial hygiene. Our Five-Year Strategic Goals are to:
- Identify and evaluate valid, cost-effective, and accessible methods for healthy homes assessment and treatment.
- Build capacity of housing, health, environmental, and energy professionals to identify and remedy HH hazards
- Develop, have accepted, and support implementation of policies and programs for improving the quality of housing in the U.S.
- Improve funding capacity and generate adequate revenue to deliver on our promises and achieve our mission.
- Develop capacity of board and staff to deliver on our promises and achieve our mission.
- Build demand for healthy homes among housing consumers, community-based organizations, and advocates for public health and affordable housing.
The National Center for Healthy Housing
10320 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 500
Columbia, MD 21044
Our phone number is 410.992.0712, and our fax number is 443.539.4150. You may also contact us at our toll-free number: 1.877.312.3046